(Read over/review UpdateGuestInfo for frontend): In the comments, there is detail on how to frontend will function for a guest info update. In case of a new guest or old guest, the ID will be entered first and then the guest will be accessed if they exist.
(Implement components/schemas to be used in backend endpoints): Updates were made to the OpenAPI.yaml file. These included new responses, corrections to schemas, and corrections to endpoints.
(Implement API for backend endpoints in Node): The title is self-explanatory here; I implemented the GET route while David implemented the PUT route, as well as updating all the example files to fit GuestInfoSystem rather than items for InventorySystem. My chages occurred in endpoints.js and guest.js
As far as our timing within the sprint, we did much better this time than last time. We made use of due dates and stuck to them, even if refactoring was necessary afterwards. Our goal was getting working backend code up and shared with the group. From here, everyone was able to be on the same page in a timely manner. We also made better use of communication within GitLab, mainly in the cards and via merge requests. This way, even if Alex, Tim, or Cam was not working on the backend, they would still be able to see the code and understand how it functioned.
We still have some significant improvements to be made as a team, though. Even though everything was made more public through cards and merges during this sprint, getting everyone on the same page insofar as how the project as a whole was functioning seemed to be lacking at times. This definitely slows down progress as there was separation between the backend development (what I was mainly contributing to with a great, great deal of contributions from David) and EventSystem and KeyCloak development. I’m still not sure if everyone is grasping how deployment of the system is working with Docker. We still need to be communicating and collaborating more than we are currently, as well as asking more questions if everyone is not in synch. This leads to some ambiguity on division of labor as well. We tend to be working linearly (with some people waiting to work on their part) instead of in parallel. This is where communication needs to be better, as well as planning.
As a team, we should be communicating better during our time in class. I think I had the assumption that everyone was on the same page when no questions were being asked, which I don’t think was necessarily the case. This would help the pace at which we worked for sure. There is little progress to be made without a thorough understanding of the system. Coming up on our last sprint, there is no time to waste. I would hope no one feels uncomfortable asking questions though; as Apprenticeship Patterns states, expose your ignorance. And perhaps it’s just a lack of articulation in our cards. We have been better in using our cards, but I’m sure they could still benefit from more detail.
I think I should be better in organizing with members from other teams, especially for the frontend. I wasn’t sure how the backend would be working, so I put off frontend development in favor of the backend. I definitely feel comfortable with that now, but I also feel kind of behind on the frontend. I expect this upcoming sprint to be exactly that: a somewhat hectic sprint. We have our work cut out for us, so focus is the name of the game. Organizing with members of other teams should be greatly beneficial, especially with my beginners Vue.js status. 3 minds are greater than one!